Saturday, August 14, 2010

iI'm working on STAR WARS!


So after months of networking and knocking on doors I finally have a shot at working on an officially licensed Star Wars project! It is the Clone Wars season 2 sketch card set. I'll be working on a bunch of cards that will go straight to the hobby market and a bunch that will be headed to retail stores across America. I have been doing sketch cards for a while now working on characters i have loved since I was a kid, but to actually have an opportunity to work on Star Wars is more than I could have hoped for.

My deadline on the project is pretty tight though. I'll be doing about 17 cards per night for the next 2 weeks straight plus a bunch of caricature gigs next week and a few other projects that need my attention. Then at the end of the Month is the Baltimore Comic con.

I did the sketch of chibi Anikin as a warm-up before I jumped into sketch cards last night. I figured I would throw some quick colors on it and share it with yall.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations!! thanks for the tutorial on sketch cards at Otakon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the opportunity to work on Star Wars cards!! Good luck with the 17 cards a night.

    And what is this movie gig you got going on??? You must elaborate!!!

    Also in regards to 5Ks... I actually just registered for one when I was nowhere near ready. I probably ran as much as I could but I stopped to walk a lot. It made me realize how much harder I have to work to complete one. My goal for the next one was to at least run the whole time. It took a while, but I was able to do it! Good luck! You can do it! I luuuuh you!

    ReplyDelete