Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Last of the Sketch Cards

Sketch cards for March of Dimes charity auction. He-Man and throwback TMNT

Walking Dead sketch cards by me

More Walking Dead cards by me

These are some sketch cards that I never got around to posting. Hope u all dig em.

Over the last few years I have worked on a bunch of sketch card sets. Sketch cards really played a big part in boosting my career as a pro artist. It gave me a chance to really get my work in the hands of fans and to work on properties that I have always loved and dreamed to work on. I have had the opportunity to draw every Marvel and Star Wars character I could ever want to draw, plus quite a few properties that I never thought I would draw.

The only down side had been that the pay for doing sketch card work really isn't great and you have to do so many of them that it's hard to make a sketch card gig worth while as far as keeping bills payed. The last couple of sets I worked on really came down to the wire to get them done and the stress just gets to be too much.

So for now, I'm gonna be saying goodbye to working on any big sketch card projects. It's kinda sad because there are still a lot of cool projects happening that I would like to work on, but with all the other projects I'm working on it just doesn't make sense.

I still have a bunch of Artist Proof cards from most of the more recent projects I've worked on so if anyone out there is looking for an original sketch card commission just give me a shout. Other than that though I'm gonna have to call it quits.


1 comment: